Summer is soon over and it’s time to get back into a routine. Whether your kid is going back to school or setting foot in kindergarten for the first time, you’re bound to feel mixed emotions. The following guidelines will help you ease the family into a school year schedule and prepare for challenges ahead:
- Set 2 alarm clocks
- Mornings can be rough! Lateness can become a bad habit, so best to be on time.
- Creating a calendar of events will help you organize your time.
- Mark everything that comes to mind! School functions, after-school activities, volunteer work, exams and birthday parties. Post this calendar in a central area for the whole family to see.
- Meet and greet the teacher
- Interaction from the start sets the stage for easy communication.
- Cut back on sugar
- Cutting back on sugar before bedtime is important for kids to get a good night sleep.
- Slip a donut, cupcake, or even a cake pop into your kid’s lunch box every now and then. At Petit Lapin, we offer the safest allergy-free, gluten-free and vegan treats every kid will enjoy!
Photo credit Ⓒ Monique Simone Photography