Many people have decided to go vegan for their health, the environment and for ethical reasons. If this is a change you are considering implementing in your diet, keep in mind these crucial steps to guarantee a smooth transition.
How to go vegan in a 10-step process:
1. Write down some goals you want to accomplish by going vegan
2. Take your time in adjusting to this new diet
3. Do it with a friend for moral support
4. Pick up some basic vegan cookbooks and mark 10 to 15 pages with recipes that you like
5. Make sure you carry around snacks with you throughout the day, because your body is adjusting to this new diet (fruits, nuts, veggies, hummus, and etc.)
6. Make sure you’re eating enough protein
7. Remember that soy is good for you, but can also be bad for you (avoid eating too much processed soy)
8. Remain skeptical about what you eat. Just because it’s vegan doesn’t mean it is good for you. Stay away from processed foods with added salt and sugar.
9. Keep supplementing your daily diet with vitamins. Vegans are often lacking of vitamins A and D, as well as B12.
10. Remember not to be too hard on yourself. Adjusting may take some time, so slip-ups are natural!
Photo credit ⒸFoodNavigator.com