Halloween is around the corner and we are excited to share this super easy, allergy free, gluten free and vegan meringue ghost recipe with you! Whether you have food allergies or not, you will surely enjoy these amazing and cute worry-free treats this Halloween!
- 6 tablespoons of chickpea juice
- ½ teaspoon of cream of tatar
- ¾ cup of icing sugar
- 1 teaspoon of pure vanilla extract (or other flavouring)
- Preheat the oven to 250F (100C).
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper
- In a bowl of a mixer, whisk chickpea juice with the cream of tartar
- Start beating on high, and slowly add in the sugar as the beater is running (1 tablespoon at a time) until dissolved
- As the mixture becomes thicker, add in vanilla (or other flavoring)
- Continue to beat until stiff peaks hold in the meringue without it collapsing, they are ready
- Spoon meringue into a piping bag fitted with a round tip. Pipe swirls of meringue (about 2 inches) onto prepared baking sheet
- Bake in preheated oven for about 45 minutes or until the meringues are dry to the touch and easy to remove from the parchment paper. Turn off the oven and allow the meringue ghosts to continuing drying in the oven for a few hours
- Decorate eyes and mouth with an edible pen
Voilà! You now have 2 dozen meringue ghosts to enjoy!
Photo credit Ⓒ Petit Lapin