Artwork Candles for Mother’s Day
Posted on May 1, 2015 by Petit Lapin in Info
Candles are all the rage right now… Why not make your own candle for Mother’s Day? This crafty activity can be enjoyed by both mothers and children. Use them as a Mother’s Day dinner centrepiece to show off your child’s talent! Just follow the following 6 easy steps in order to create your masterpiece. Most materials required are commonly found throughout the household with the exception of one of two. Decorate away!
- White pillar candles
- Wax or parchment paper
- White tissue paper
- Hair dryer or heat gun
- Cut a piece of tissue paper so it is long enough to fit around the candle.
- Lightly draw on the tissue paper, so it does not rip.
- Once drawing complete, wrap the now coloured tissue around the candle and wrap a piece of wax paper on top, long enough so it covers the candle. You can use the extra length as a handle.
- Use the hair dryer (on high) or heat gun melt the design onto the candle while directing its heat as close as possible to the candle.
- You will slowly see the design going onto the candle. Keep going until you cannot see any more tissue paper.
- Peel back the wax paper and voilà!
Photo Credit ⒸSkipToMyLou.org