Candles are all the rage right now… Why not make your own candle for Mother’s Day? This crafty activity can be enjoyed by both mothers and children. Use them as a Mother’s Day dinner centrepiece to show off your child’s talent! Just follow the following 6 easy steps in order to create your masterpiece. Most materials required are commonly found throughout the household with the exception of one of two. Decorate away!
- White pillar candles
- Wax or parchment paper
- White tissue paper
- Hair dryer or heat gun
- Cut a piece of tissue paper so it is long enough to fit around the candle.
- Lightly draw on the tissue paper, so it does not rip.
- Once drawing complete, wrap the now coloured tissue around the candle and wrap a piece of wax paper on top, long enough so it covers the candle. You can use the extra length as a handle.
- Use the hair dryer (on high) or heat gun melt the design onto the candle while directing its heat as close as possible to the candle.
- You will slowly see the design going onto the candle. Keep going until you cannot see any more tissue paper.
- Peel back the wax paper and voilà!
Photo Credit ⒸSkipToMyLou.org