These days wedding decor is more important than ever! It’s not enough to just have a wedding, your wedding should have a theme, a color palette and an all over cohesive feel.
Summertime allows for a more fun and light decor theme. One trend we are loving is the tropical inspired theme.
1. Soft Color Palette: Whites and blush tones are the perfect accent color when paired with tropical greens. They allow for the green to pop out all the while keeping the event classy and formal! Throw in a metallic color like a gold for a special pop.
2. Relaxed Attire: We’re not saying khakis and sundresses, just perhaps not the usual black tuxedo! We LOVE this navy suit on our groom. It’s a young and fresh spin on a classic that fits with the mood of the wedding.
3. Pineapples: Pineapples are so popular in the summer, why not use it in your decor? We combine a mix of pineapples in our desserts, as well as some gold spray painted ones around the tables! Our favours also incorporate pineapples as well as the place settings. And how cute are these donuts!?
4. Leaves: Using leaves throughout the ceremony is a great way to tie it all in together. Try tying a leaf garland on large balloons, or using small leaves to mark the table numbers. Larger leaves also are perfect for making cocktail signs! All you need is a gold calligrapher pen or marker!
5. Consistency: Make sure to use tropical elements starting with your invitations. Having little elements in every component is a sure fire way to leave a lasting impression on your guests.
What summer wedding themes have you been seeing lately?
Photography: La Palette K Photography
Assistante photography, Planning and Styling: Tsikimamy Photography
Planning, Styling and Calligraphy: SB Weddings & Events
Hair: Romain Le Mouëllic of Studio Caroline Théoret
Makeup: Sarah Peterson Makeup Artist
Balloons: Balloon Bar
Candy: Candy Labs
Cake and Donuts: Pâtisserie Petit Lapin
Jewelry : This Ilk
Dress: Boudoir 1861
Vintage Decor:La Mariée Bohème
Paper Goods: White Willow Paper Co.
Decor: Vestibule- Boutique art de vivre
Flowers: Binette et filles Fleuriste Marché Jean Talon
Bride: Soraya Sanderson
Groom: Alexandre Fortin